What You Need to Know
I have quoted the most common questions that my staff and I have been asked then given the best general answers. If you have a unique question that I have not answered please call the store.
Summer Picture Framing
New moulding lines in for summer artwork.
Updated: June 21, 2011
20011-12 Fall Schedule
See the homepage for our fall schedule and the classes page for course discription.
Updated: Aug 8, 2011
MSA Photography Club
Come share your photos, network with other enthusiasts and learn something new. Call or email us for membership information.
Updated :Aug 8, 2011
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get to the new store?
- Are your classes for college or high school credit?
- Is summer the only time you offer classes?
- Do I need to bring any supplies for children's classes?
- Can parents stay with their kids during class ?
- Will my child bring home artwork after each class?
- Why don't you offer pottery as a workshop?
- You can find us at 1008 North Jackson St, Starkville MS. For those who are already in Starkville, we are 1/2 mile past (north) of Hospital Rd. across from the maroon/white Food Mart and before Garrad Rd. intersection on the right.
- No. Main Street Arts is a business that teaches basic and intermediate skills in many art mediums for your recreation and enrichment. Our goal is to provide an environment that will inspire creative learning and appreciation for artwork for both children and adults.
- No. We offer a unique schedule for children that runs all year. In August, Main Street Arts begins a weekly schedule that will continue through May. Adult classes are done in short courses or workshops except for Pottery that continues all year.
- No. All children/youth students pay a supply fee once a semester that covers all supplies needed and the summer camps have supplies included.
- No. We have been teaching children since 2004 and we have learned that this is the time for them to be their most creative without thinking about pleasing their parent.
- Not necessarily. If your child is younger, you will get artwork more often but as skill level and attention span matures projects require more time to complete therefore parents don't get as much artwork.
- We offer hand built and wheel thrown pottery that begins with a pound or more of clay. We do not offer cereamic pieces that only need glazing therefore, the newly made pieces may need days of drying time and can not be completed in a workshop with several hours.